Tuesday, June 26, 2007

One Way to Communicate with The Spirit of God

When good things happen it is reasonable to assume that God was involved. God has a vested interested in your progress and is therefore always willing to do things to assist, some large and some small. As with any relationship small things are important, but small things are particularly important when the there is a communications barrier. I know there are some people who say they can communicate directly with God anytime, and actually hear God’s voice in English, and I don’t doubt this. God does as God so chooses and all people are different so it makes sense that some people have a more open and more verbal relationship than others. In my case however, I have never heard God speak in the English language, which is the only language I understand. God and I communicate every day in various ways, but the communication is not verbal, and is therefore more difficult, which makes the little things that God does for me even more important. They keep me aware of God’s presence.

In response, it is very important that I be grateful. There again, the response of gratitude is a way to communicate. When some good thing happens and I thank God for it, the doors of communication are opened, and the light of God can come through. As God lives within me in the form of the Holy Spirit, it is very important that we talk - a lot. In my case this non-verbal conversation can sometimes begin with a good thing that happens and a sincere thank you to my friend and constant companion, the Holy Spirit.

Keep the Faith,

No comments: